The largest Tango festival in the USA is here again!
42 Workshops, 21 Milongas, 14 DJs, 12 Instructors, and 2 Tango Orchestras at Norse Hall and other venues in Portland, Oregon.
- Mix with more Tango dancers at once than you will at any other event in the United States
- 42 workshops and 19 milongas – mostly at Norse Hall
- Dance ALL NIGHT Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Early Bird pricing available before Oct 2nd
For the past 16 years Clay Nelson has produced and directed Portland TangoFest. This year he has turned the event over to a group of Portland tango enthusiasts.
All classes and nearly all milongas will be held at Norse Hall, conveniently located just 12 blocks from downtown Portland, in the vibrant lower East Burnside neighborhood. The building is within moments of the Oregon Convention Center and Lloyd Center District, and easily accessible by bus. To see a full draft schedule of events, have a look at this page.
Teachers at the 2013 Portland Tangofest
- Somer Surgit and Jessica Stserbakova
- Felipe Martinez and Maria Elena Ybarra
- Rebecca Shulman and Damian Thompson
- Damian Thompson and Sandra Milena Buitrago
- Vanja Modzelewski
- Jennifer Olsen
Click here for more information about these professionals.
Want to keep updated with the latest news about this festival? Follow them on Facebook!